Where you’ve seen me lately:
- Upcoming: Dubai Design Week—say hey if you’ll be there!
- ModMag London 2018, where I referred to myself as a “den mom.”
- Stack Magazine’s podcast, where I referred to myself as a “sort of business lady.”
- It’s Nice That, where I referred to magazine distribution as “a bitch.”
- Monocle’s “The Stack” podcast, where I managed to embarrass myself slightly less.
- Also seen: Shaking what my mama gave me at the Eye on Design “Psych” party at House of Yes.
- This is What Starting a Design Union Looks Like, an Eye on Design initiative advocating for fair labor practices within the graphic design industry.
- Jessica Walsh’s Ladies, Wine & Design at The Wing, talking about how to manage a growing team when you have zero management experience.
- Monocle’s “The Stack” podcast, talking about the business case for a small independent magazine published by a not-for-profit.
- ModMag NYC 2018, magCulture’s annual independent magazine conference, talking about how Eye on Design went from a fledgling site to a full-fledge brand and tri-annual magazine.
Things I’ve written lately-ish:
- Why it’s important to save all those protest posters you’re marching with.
- Interviews with designers, illustrators, and art directors about how they balance mental health, friendships, and work, like this conversation between Adi Goodrich + Ngaio Parr; and this one between Dani Balenson + Indihra Rojas
- A reported op-ed that asks: Can we design a more perfect design union?
- A charmingly psychotic account of my obsessive planning habits, for New York Magazine
- A peak into the process of (current girl crush) the Guardians’ data journalist Mona Chalabi,” for Riposte