Where you’ve seen me lately:
- This is What Starting a Design Union Looks Like, an Eye on Design initiative advocating for fair labor practices within the graphic design industry.
- Ladies, Wine & Design at The Wing, talking about how to manage a growing team when you have zero management experience.
- Monocle’s “The Stack” podcast, talking about the business case for a small independent magazine published by a not-for-profit.
- ModMag, magCulture’s annual independent magazine conference, talking about how Eye on Design went from a fledgling site to a full-fledge brand and tri-annual magazine.
Things I’ve written lately:
- A reported op-ed that asks: Can we design a more perfect design union?
- A charmingly psychotic account of my obsessive planning habits, for NY Mag
- Some real hard-news reporting from a Balinese villa, for Departures
- A long-winded interview about Civilization, a New York City newspaper by Richard Turley
- “Drowning in Data — Making the unknown known with Mona Chalabi,” for Riposte