Here is my butt on some fancy books:
Things I’ve written lately:
- “I Have Seen the Future of Design—and It Isn’t Another Poster Show”
- “Into the Goss,” a behind-the-scenes look at what it’s like to design People magazine—from the “Gossip” issue of Eye on Design magazine.
- “In Defense of Beauty”—a rally cry for form that functions, from Sagmeister & Walsh’s new book.
- ”Can We dDesign a More Perfect Design Union?” And if we could, what would that look like, exactly?
Where you’ve seen me lately-ish:
- On a sidewalk in the snow wearing my grandma’s old coat.
- ModMag London 2018, where I referred to myself as a “den mom” (and previously at ModMag NYC 2018, where I didn’t make any animal family references).
- Stack Magazine’s podcast, where I referred to myself as a “sort-of business lady.”
- Monocle’s “The Stack” podcast, where I managed to embarrass myself slightly less (though there was that earlier time on “The Stack” when I practically put myself to sleep talking about how a small, independent magazine makes money).
- Jessica Walsh’s Ladies, Wine & Design at The Wing, talking about how to manage a growing team when you have zero management experience.
- This is What Starting a Design Union Looks Like, an Eye on Design initiative advocating for fair labor practices within the graphic design industry.